                From:   Buck Calabro/commsoft [mailto:mcalabro@commsoft.net]
                Sent:   Friday, January 22, 1999 9:25 AM
                To:     RPG400-L@midrange.com
                Subject:        RE: RPG400 to RPG IV conversion - INFDS

                Jon Erikson wrote:
                >They compiled just fine, but when you actually
                >reference them, the program fails with an MCH1210,
                >(Receiver value too small to hold result) and
                >RNQ0103, (The target for a numeric operation is
                >too small to hold the result (C G D F)).
                >
                >Here is the DS source & Dumped values:
                >
                >0025.00 D Prnt            DS
                >0026.00 D Curln                 367    368b 0
                >+++++++++++++++++++++
                >PRNT                  DS
                >  CURLN               BIN(4,0)             6448.
'4040'X

                It almost looks as if the program is referring to CURLN
before outputting
                any print lines.  Is that a possibility?  Alternately, make
sure that the
                data structure is linked to the printer F spec with a INFDS
keyword.  I use
                this sort of stuff a lot and have never noticed a problem,
from V3R1 on.

                Buck Calabro
                CommSoft, Albany, NY
                mailto:mcalabro@commsoft.net