They compiled just fine, but when you actually reference them, the program
fails with an MCH1210, (Receiver value too small to hold result) and
RNQ0103, (The target for a numeric operation is too small to hold the result
(C G D F)).

Here is the DS source & Dumped values:

0025.00 D Prnt            DS
0026.00 D Curln                 367    368b 0
:       :
0345.00 C                   IF        Curln >= 56
0346.00  /SPACE
0347.00 C                   IF        Prt = 'YS'
0348.00 C                   EVAL      *INOA = *ON
0349.00 C                   ENDIF
0350.00  /SPACE
0351.00 C                   ELSE
0352.00  /SPACE
0353.00 C                   IF        Prt = 'YS'
0354.00 C                   EXCEPT    Cuss
0355.00 C                   ENDIF
0356.00  /SPACE
0357.00 C                   EVAL      *INOA = *OFF
0358.00 C                   ENDIF

+++++++++++++++++++++
PRNT                  DS
  CURLN               BIN(4,0)             6448.            '4040'X

+++++++++++++++++++++

I'm not sure of all the options used for the CRTBNDRPG or even if it would
change anything.  Also I haven't done an in depth analysis of the code
sequence, (of when Curln is  referenced in relation to an output OPCODE).
Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Jon A. Erickson
Viking Industries, Inc.