So I'm guessing you've had bad experiences with Dell 😊

I've a couple E7470s for the past 3 years that work great. That being said Thinkpads are still good as well.

Took about 20 minutes to install Windows 10 from scratch. Some do come with OS, but a little more expensive.

What's the deal with Bitlocker ? I've never used it. Is it part of the laptop ?

Also I've installed Windows 10 on machines dating back to 2007 without issues. However not all machines probably work.

SSDs make every machine good these days.

I guess different experiences for us all 😊

Regards,
Richard Schoen
Web: http://www.richardschoen.net
Email: richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Phn: (612) 315-1745

message: 5
date: Wed, 19 Jun 2019 15:52:23 -0500
from: Thomas Burrows <thomas.burrows.1957@xxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: [PCTECH] New PC - recommendations

Richard not to disagree with you, but we have a joke at our company. You can leave you DELL issued laptops sitting anywhere. The laptops will never get stolen. By the time you buy the hardware and software to get past the BITLOCKER software and reload the system from scratch it is cheaper to buy a new laptop with a warranty.

And if you had the BITLOCKER code and the passwords --- well the DELLS are still a piece of not quality equipment. Our opinion that is. An executive for our company "197,000 worldwide" must have gotten the refurished DELLs for everyone to use.

And it is well known that our Microsoft friends have designed Windows 10 so that it barely works on the newest equipment. And definitely not older hardware. Run Windows 7 until the hardware dies.