Richard not to disagree with you, but we have a joke at our company. You
can leave you DELL issued laptops sitting anywhere. The laptops will never
get stolen. By the time you buy the hardware and software to get past the
BITLOCKER software and reload the system from scratch it is cheaper to buy
a new laptop with a warranty.

And if you had the BITLOCKER code and the passwords --- well the DELLS are
still a piece of not quality equipment. Our opinion that is. An executive
for our company "197,000 worldwide" must have gotten the refurished DELLs
for everyone to use.

And it is well known that our Microsoft friends have designed Windows 10 so
that it barely works on the newest equipment. And definitely not older
hardware. Run Windows 7 until the hardware dies.

Windows 11 will be nothing but EVERYTHING on the cloud. Meaning our
Microsoft friends will be able to charge YEARLY fees for an operating
system you already bought and paid for. And where exactly is your data?
Who knows?

That is the little fly in the buttermilk "southern saying for things will
fail at the worst time" that all the young MBA types under forty do not
account for where exactly is your DATA?

The cloud is nothing but SERVER facilities somewhere. What if an airplane
crashes into one. Oh I know everything is backed up. Or is it really?

And there is the communications of all this connectivity to the cloud. Why
a solid AS400 running your companies systems is the best bet around. Not to
mention all the viruses that cannot infect an good old AS400 because it is
not built on the same chip set as the SERVER Cloud world.

But the again MBA types at IBM have not a clue as to how to sell this
platform. Once at the NEUG conference in Framingham MA "2006" the clueless
IBM executive that was running the Rochester, MN lab said that the name
would not change from the "iSeries". Which had changed from the AS400.

At question time I stood in front of 200 people and said the following. "If
God had used the same marketing plan for SEX that you folks are using for
the AS400/iSeries there would be maybe four people in the room". All two
hundred or so people stood and clapped.

Just saying.

On Wed, Jun 19, 2019 at 3:10 PM Richard Schoen <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>