Yeah, and when I bring into focus an app on the Desktop, the Metro side
flips to Desktop as well, giving me a dual-monitor Desktop with no Metro.
It's a little odd, but easy enough to adjust to. Especially right now when
Metro apps are relatively few. I can see a time, though, when I'd like to
have a Metro app active on one monitor with "traditional" apps on the other
monitor's Desktop and be able to switch between the two seamlessly. Or be
able to run Metro on both. Really no reason why we can't but so far I've
not seen the config options to allow it.

The other quirk so far, which I haven't bothered to troubleshoot just yet,
is that sleep mode goes to sleep but immediately resumes. On my laptop it
works fine so it's a config issue on the desktop & not a W8 issue.

I can confirm that RDP from Win8 to Win8 using the Metro RDP app works fine
with one caveat: when switching from RDP (without closing the session) to
other apps & switching back it often does a reconnect so it seems it isn't
doing much for underlying session management/keeping the session
alive-but-suspended. I'll have to provide some app feedback on that.
There's no lost data or anything but it is an unnecessary delay while the
session reconnects.

On the Windows Home Server upgrade front I've pumped over 7TB of data off
the server to empty the drives so I can reconfiguring my JBOD disks into
hardware RAID5. As I now have xmas eve off, I may do my WHS
upgrade/reinstall then.