I could not get my "wifi" parts to work without installing thier USB
driver on the PC. Perhaps I could have, but I had the disk which
worked.

As for ports, The limit for a 4-port model would be 4 total, at any
given time, for example, 3 wifi and 1 hardwired.

To troubleshoot, you can always check each PC with the working USB dongle.
I use wireless in the hotels without any config, but those are
unsecured networks.
I have a belkin, linksys and watchguard and they are all very
different. I have my connection to the wan as static and the DSL
device set to "alway on" and passthru / bridge mode.

On an older linksys mine had those keys, the default was set to
"transmit key 1" - IIRC - the router alternates keys not the user,
something like a garage door opener, never the same key sequence on
the next keypress. I may be wrong on this ( just a WAG) but it makes
no sense otherwise. All of the wifi devices should be set the same. I
have had to install a new "windows wirelss network connection", most
of the time vs. re-using an exisitng one, FWIW, when setting up for
secure network.