I don't usually like preloaded software.  If you can get a CD and install
it yourself it's worth it in case you ever need to reload it in the future.

Dave Parnin
--
Nishikawa Standard Company
Topeka, IN  46571

                      Michael Jacobsen

                      <MJacobsen@first-        To:       PC Technical
Discussion for iSeries Users <pctech@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                      online.com>              cc:

                      Sent by:                 Subject:  Re: [PCTECH] Laptop
choice
                      pctech-bounces@mi

                      drange.com

                      05/24/2006 02:29

                      PM

                      Please respond to

                      PC Technical

                      Discussion for

                      iSeries Users

Yeah, that'd be nice if they gave me mine!  :)  I can upgrade the memory
on either one to 1GB, which I'll probably do.  As for the software, if I
purchase it through the school it will be pre-loaded with all the software
I will need (including Office Pro), and I can purchase additional software
for $5.00 a CD.

Good suggestion about getting my hands on one.  I'll probably see if I can
do that.

Thanks,

Mike

pctech-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 05/24/2006 01:59:14 PM:

> Gee, at my university in the MBA program they *give* us laptops (at
least
> for the duration of the program).  It's a Fujitsu Lifebook S series.
It's
> small and lightweight.  Believe me the weight is an issue when you're
also
> lugging around books with it.  I had a Dell Latitude at work for the
past
> three years until the hard drive died a few weeks ago.  It's huge and
heavy
> compared to the Fujitsu.
>
> Both look a little skimpy on memory.  1GB would be better.  The
processor
> speeds both seem a little slow.  I'm more in tune with desktops but for
the
> money I would expect 2.5 - 3.0 GHz.  Can you get your hands on them
before
> you buy to see which has a look and feel that's more to your liking?  If
> not through the school then go shop around at Best Buy, Circuit City,
Comp