I've used a product called SmartBackup (http://www.objectrescue.com/) to do
what you're asking for, except I usually backup what's in certain folders on
my C: drive to an external drive.  But if the file is gone from the "Source"
drive/folder, it removes it from the "Destination" drive/folder as well.
The nice part is you can have it just look for changes - the first time it
runs, it takes a while, but then after that it will only copy/remove what
has changed since the last time.

>From their website:
"SmartBackup copies files and folders from one location to another on the
same drive, another drive, or across the network. You can set up Tasks that
describe the source location, the destination location, and the frequency at
which you want to copy the files. SmartBackup monitors the source files for
changes or additions and then automatically copies the new or changed files
to their designated destinations. The program uses the familiar Windows
Explorer interface. The Task setup dialog box is easy and intuitive, that
makes configuration jobs a snap.

Advanced options include PKZip-compatible compression, password protection,
directory synchronization, and background thread priority control. You can
also include or exclude a specific file or set of files from the copy and
keep any number of old versions of files. Once you configure the Tasks in
terms of files and locations, the program sits as an icon in the Windows
system tray and unobtrusively copies files in the background so you will
allways have an up-to-date backup when you need it."

Carmen Nuland