I can see this discussion getting religious!

If your organization is small ( < 75 users I think), MS Small Business
Server is a good alternative.  It includes Windows, IIS, Exchange and
remote access.  The premium edition includes SQL server and ISA
server. Not sure what it costs.
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/sbs/default.mspx

Have fun.

>From the MS Web site ..
Q.      What are the major differences between the standard edition and
premium edition of Windows Small Business Server 2003?

A.

The standard edition of Windows Small Business Server 2003 includes
Windows Server 2003 technologies, including fax service, firewall
service, and remote-access service. Additionally, it includes
Microsoft Exchange Server 2003, enhanced tools for server monitoring
and administration, and an out-of-the-box solution for internal Web
sites. The standard edition is ideal for customers who do not require
the higher-level functionality included in the premium edition.

The premium edition includes everything in the standard edition, plus
Microsoft SQL Server 2000, Microsoft Internet Security and
Acceleration (ISA) Server 2004, and Microsoft FrontPage 2003. The
premium edition is ideal for small businesses with more demanding IT
needs, such as data-intensive line-of-business applications, or
advanced firewall and Web-caching capabilities.