I've only used the plates with the snap-in modules.  They are nice because
of the variety of modules besides RJ-45 and RJ-11.  Are these catering to
the consumer-grade market rather than a "professional-grade", non-home
environment?

Dave Parnin
--
Nishikawa Standard Company
Topeka, IN  46571

                      "Art Tostaine, Jr."

                      <atostaine@xxxxxxxxx>                           To:
PC Technical Discussion for iSeries Users
                      Sent by:
<pctech@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                      pctech-bounces+daparnin=niscoseals.com@m        cc:

                      idrange.com                                     Subject:
Re: [PCTECH] Cat 5 cable RJ-45 connection HELP!

                      11/02/2005 12:19 PM

                      Please respond to PC Technical

                      Discussion for iSeries Users

> These low voltage plates are not super strong ... I think a normal punch
> down tool would probably break the plastic.
>
> The little tool they provide is more than adequate.
>
> david

Agreed.

I've used a normal tool on these too. It is a little much for those little
connectors.

Art