Ok, if a hacker can see that opening, they are going to take it. They will do whatever it takes to get into that access. With as many security holes that MS's OSs have, are you willing to take that chance for your company.

The main reason I finally payed for and loaded anti-virus software on my personal laptop was because I am using it at the company I work for. I decided that I needed to make sure that their network is secure as far as my access to it. No network admin told me I had to do it. I did it because it was the right thing for the sake of security. I guess that was the main point of my previous email: the companies security is more important than your internet surfing.
My 2 cents worth.

-- Scott J

Adam Lang wrote:
That isn't true.  By default, Windows desktops are not setup to handle
routing between two networks they are on.  You have to explicitly tell
Windows XP, etc, to act as a router.

Plus, the VPN security shouldn't allow the data to travel because the source
network (what the attacker is on) shuold be implicitly blocked by the ACL
list.  Only data originating from the VPN interface should be allowed
through.