You can get OEM copies of XP at newegg.com.  I've purchased a good deal of
stuff through them and have nothing but good things to say about them.
They have daily sales on things and often offer free ground shipping.  They
do tend to deal more in hardware than software.

I feel your pain.  My wife is pushing me for a new kitchen floor, paint,
wallpaper, stain the deck, landscaping, etc...  Oh, and by the way, can you
spend less time at work and more time with the family?  Who needs a new
computer when your personal time begins at 10:00pm?  :O

Dave Parnin
Nishikawa Standard Company
Topeka, IN  46571
daparnin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

                      Dan Bale

                      <dbale@Duro-last.        To:       PC Technical
Discussion for iSeries Users
                      com>                      <pctech@xxxxxxxxxxxx>@SMTP@CTB

                                               cc:       (bcc: David A
Parnin/Topeka/NISCO/SPCO)
                      07/09/2004 10:40         Subject:  RE: [PCTECH] HANG
time...
                      AM

                      Please respond to

                      PC Technical

                      Discussion for

                      iSeries Users

                      <pctech@midrange.

                      com>

Your "H.O." is truly appreciated.  And you're right; the right thing to do
would be to just buy a new box.  Unfortunately, even $400 isn't in the
budget and hasn't been for awhile, still recovering from that last layoff.
Getting close though.

I have been paying attention to Dell.  They had a couple of killer deals
earlier this year that I couldn't get in on.  The $400 deals are usually
Celerons w/ 128MB of ram.  As I mentioned in my reply to Dave, I'm looking
at a TigerDirect deal that will beat the $400 Dell deal hand over fist for
half the cost.

That reminds me.  The minivan is due for about a $400 annual maintenance
checkup.  Have to replace the gutters on the house for $900 sometime this
summer.  <sigh>

db