Maybe I mismember, but didn't I read a while back that IBM had developed a
version of Linux desktop that they are using internally?  It supposedly is
extremely stable with a nice GUI.  Maybe they're trying to figure out how to
market it.

Anyway, if that were the case, it would seem to make sense to drop OS/2.
New apps developed for OS/2 vs. Linux = no brainer.

Back in the early 90's, the company I was with was using IBM's Neural Net
Utility on OS/2.  At the time, it was a major breakthrough to see true
multitasking on a PC platform.  Windows 3.11 shoulda never seen the light of
day.

<Gush mode>
Can you imagine what OS/2 would be like today if it had won the marketing
war?  The mind boggles.
</Gush mode>

db