To throw in my $.02,

Every tool has it's purpose.  That being said, there's still a difference
between a screwdriver that you get at Home Depot vs. a screwdriver you get
at the dollar store.  I first started learning HTML with an HTML editor
called Hot Dog.  I've later used other HTML editors of varying quality.  I
have also used Front Page when I needed a "quick and dirty" way to load
some daily updates and pictures for family members when on vacation.

Front Page worked great for my QAD family project but it may not have been
the best for educational purposes.  For education I would recommend an HTML
editor because they typically give you a combination of point-and-click
WYSIWYG and a view of the resulting HTML tags while being able to tweak the
results with a text editor.

My web page design is infrequent so don't ask me what HTML editor I'm using
today because it's been over a year since I've used it.  You might try
going to shareware.com, downloading some, and trying them for yourself.

Dave Parnin
Nishikawa Standard Company
Topeka, IN  46571
daparnin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

                      Tom Jedrzejewicz

                      <tomjedrz@xxxxxxx        To:       PC Technical
Discussion for iSeries Users
                      om>                       <pctech@xxxxxxxxxxxx>@SMTP@CTB

                      Sent by:                 cc:       (bcc: David A
Parnin/Topeka/NISCO/SPCO)
                      pctech-bounces@mi        Subject:  Re: [PCTECH] MS
Frontpage (Trial Version)
                      drange.com

                      07/20/2004 10:39

                      AM

                      Please respond to

                      PC Technical

                      Discussion for

                      iSeries Users

                      <pctech@midrange.

                      com>

I started the wonderful world of HTML to setup pages for my intranet
and also for CGIDEV2 web applications.

I found a very nice little HTML editor called CoffeeCup
(www.coffeecup.com).  It is basically a text editor that has prompts
and templates for HTML, CSS and javascript, as well as a "preview"
mode so you can see what you are coding.  It is not a WYSISYG creation
tool, but if learning HTML is part of the goal then that is good.   It
has a trial version and costs about $40.

PS -- sorry about the personal post that slipped in . . @#$#@$#
auto-complete did me in.

--
Tom Jedrzejewicz