From: OpenSource [mailto:opensource-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of John Yeung
Sent: Monday, June 04, 2018 2:57 PM
To: IBMi Open Source Roundtable <opensource@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [IBMiOSS] Ports and routes needed to replace very large numbers of green screens

On Mon, Jun 4, 2018 at 3:48 PM, Richard Schoen
<Richard.Schoen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:Richard.Schoen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
If we're talking an Apache server or Nginx or IIS I'm pretty sure those web servers can handle the scaling/routing just fine.

Not sure about node apps where they might are self-hosting JS apps. I've been able to crash my Node sample servers before.

Nobody recommends using "built-in" servers for production. Those are
provided to simplify learning, testing, and development. Node.js (like
almost anything else) would typically be used in conjunction with
Nginx and/or Apache.

John Y.