"plurality should not be posited without necessity"

When we work with customers on HA solutions we find those who use mostly or exclusively IBM i are successful VERY frequently. Those with many platforms allegedly 'integrated' rarely are. With many moving parts it's simply much more difficult to track all of the moving parts and assuring each one is appropriately backed up, maintained, replicated it.

Should every company strive to run 100% of everything on IBM i? As awesome as that sounds it's likely just not a workable option. But it's also very shortsighted to willy nilly just throw up another server with some freeware bits and a database connection. In the end that thing needs to be maintained, documented, and dealt with in recovery and HA situations. Likely a little more research to select a solution running on an existing platform pays off in the long run.

Said another way: "Those who do not adhere to Ockham's razor are condemned to be cut by it."

- Larry "DrFranken" Bolhuis

www.Frankeni.com