PTFs for ILE bound program APIs QbnAddAssociatedSpaceEntry and QbnRetrieveAssociatedSpace

The following APARs describe the defect corrrected by these PTFs:
http://m.ibm.com/http/www-912.ibm.com/n_dir/nas4apar.nsf/ALLAPARS/SE53476 <http://m.ibm.com/http/www-912.ibm.com/n_dir/nas4apar.nsf/ALLAPARS/SE53476>for V5R4
http://m.ibm.com/http/www-912.ibm.com/n_dir/nas4apar.nsf/ALLAPARS/SE53847 <http://m.ibm.com/http/www-912.ibm.com/n_dir/nas4apar.nsf/ALLAPARS/SE53847>for V6R1
http://m.ibm.com/http/www-912.ibm.com/n_dir/nas4apar.nsf/ALLAPARS/SE53899 <http://m.ibm.com/http/www-912.ibm.com/n_dir/nas4apar.nsf/ALLAPARS/SE53899>for V7R1

The following PTF's have been approved for this issue:
SI48290 for release v5r4
SI48530 for release v6r1
SI48566 for release v7r1 (also on Cumulative C303a7710 and above)

These fixes and improvements are incorporated into 7.2 and 7.3.

Additional details for using the API after the PTF is applied:
*Test PTF's should not be permanently applied*

1.
The 'associated space identifier' parameter for the
QbnAddAssociatedSpaceEntry and QbnRetrieveAssociatedSpace APIs will
now accept a new special value of *USERDATA. The customer will need
to change their code to specify *USERDATA rather than *PREPROC for
the associated space identifier.
2.
Any system on which the QbnAddAssociatedSpaceEntry or
QbnRetrieveAssociatedSpace API will be called will need the PTF
(SI48290 for 5.4; the PTF numbers for 6.1 and 7.1 will be added
after confirmation that the 5.4 version is correct). If the customer
distributes the software that uses the APIs to customers, they needs
to make sure the customers have the appropriate IBM PTF applied.
3.
For the customer's awareness, the data returned in the user space by
the QbnRetrieveAssociatedSpace API conforms to the conventions for
list APIs. That means there is header data in the user space which
contains an offset ('7C'x) which is used to locate the retrieved
data. The following Information Center link contains information
about list data returned from
APIs:http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v5r4/index.jsp?topic=%2Fapiref%2FlistOverview.htm
<http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v5r4/index.jsp?topic=%2Fapiref%2FlistOverview.htm>

The Correction and Special Instructions sections of the PTF cover letter contain information about the new special value for the associated
space identifier.

The Information Center topics for the QbnAddAssociatedSpaceEntry and QbnRetrieveAssociatedSpace will been updated in the 7.1(and 7.2 and 7.3) version of the InfoCenter / KnowledgeCenter.