On Mon, Nov 28, 2016 at 4:07 PM, Aaron Bartell <aaronbartell@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Have you considered writing an article that compares PASE Python to
iSeriesPython? That would help people, myself included, know the
differences between the two.

I have wanted to do this ever since IBM released their first official
Python (5733-OPS Option 2). And yes, I wrote a "decision guide" type
of article recently, but it really glosses over a lot of details. The
reason I didn't dive too deeply is that most people won't need to know
very many details to make a decision.

And the fact that not many details are needed is why I bothered to
write it now. I was actually hoping to familiarize myself more with
IBM's Pythons before writing anything, but I haven't had the time to
really explore them as much as I'd like. Further, I am one of those
people who cannot install IBM's Pythons (or any PTFs of any kind, for
that matter), so I cannot comment first-hand on how difficult it is to
install them. (That has not stopped me from relaying my impressions
gleaned from others who have attempted it, though.)

So, there is still the chance that sometime in the future, I'll learn
more about IBM's Pythons and write a more nitty-gritty article about
their differences with iSeriesPython. But I think it's just as likely
that someone else will get to it before I do, which is fine with me.

I'm happy to share notes and answer questions from anyone who has the
requisite knowledge of IBM's Pythons but wants to pick my brain about
iSeriesPython. Actually, even better than asking me directly is asking
on the iSeriesPython forum:

<http://www.iseriespython.com/app/ispMain.py/Start?job=Posts&testing=>

I get notified of any posts there, plus you may attract the attention
of someone who has better expertise than I do.

John Y.