From: midrange-nontech-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-nontech-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
macwheel99@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, April 07, 2008 3:27 PM
To: Non-Technical Discussion about the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: RE:

There is a fiduciary responsibility associated with various
professionals. If your company is doing stuff that you think is illegal,
you first have an obligation to bring this to the attention of management.
If management does not take action that you feel is appropriate, then
your next responsibility is to figure out if there is a government agency you

need to be a whistleblower to report the activity.
If you do not report it, and the government later finds out,
investigates, there is the presumption that you should have known about it, should
have reported it.

Actions to cause global warming are not yet considered to be illegal.
However. this sort of thing can vary across international boundaries.
Example ... people in Candada get acid rain thanks to actions of
industries in the USA. Law suits abound.

On Mon, 7 Apr 2008 11:45:52 -0700, Gary Monnier wrote
Why are petroleum engineers and the companies they work for equally, legally and morally responsible for loss of land due to global warming

and illegal activity done within the company?