Even MS used up to 32 AS/400s for years to run their business and may
still do so for all we know, albeit through another company, perhaps
- we don't know for sure and frank soltis can't say, either, anymore.
I just know, because it was in a Help Systems ad in News/3X/400, that
MS had copies of Robot in their machines.

I find this indicative of a big problem System i people have with
Windows... they're living in the past. So what if MS had System i boxes,
no one is arguing that Windows NT 4.0 was more stable than OS/400.

What matters is what MS is delivering TODAY, and will deliver in the
next couple of months, on the SERVER. Vista isn't relevant, you can't
try to compare i5/OS and Vista. It's like comparing a dump truck and a
Porsche. No one can argue that the dump truck looks nicer, but a Porsche
is useless when building a road. Different requirements different
solutions. The stability and security on Vista is second to none. The
differences between Vista and previous Oss are mindboggling. Watch some
videos on channel9.msdn.com and see.

On the server, if you're not running W2K3 you're in the dark ages. And
you should be getting ready for W2K8. BTW, we can just upgrade our OS
and we don't have to worry about "reencapsulation" :) And if i5/OS has
always been so secure, why make the changes to it that require
reencapsulation? :)

-Walden