Inconsistencies abound.....

Dell - TV commercials targeted to business customers
M$ - TV commercials targeted to business customers
IBM xSeries - TV commercials targeted to business customers
IBM iSeries - no TV commercials?

By all accounts these are all successful campaigns - can IBM continue to
espouse the opinion that TV advertising isn't efficient?  Personally, I'm
probably already knee deep in a paradigm whereby the iSeries is considered
nonstrategic technology by our parent company.  And right now I do hold IBM
responsible for that.....

Michael Crump
Manager, Computing Services
Saint-Gobain Containers
1509 S. Macedonia Ave.
Muncie, IN  47302
(765)741-7696
(765)741-7012 f
(800)428-8642

"In matters of style, swim with the current, in matters of principle, stand
like a rock."  Thomas Jefferson

----- Forwarded by Mike Crump/IT/SGContainers on 11/14/2003 12:48 PM -----

                      Don

                      <dr2@xxxxxxxxxxxx        To:       Midrange Systems
Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                      >                        cc:

                                               bcc:

                      11/14/2003 12:04         Subject:  Re: Wall Street
Journal
                      PM

                      Please respond to

                      Midrange Systems

                      Technical

                      Discussion

Al,

if this is the one I saw yesterday, you sure it wasn't another xSeries add
that just happened to mention iSeries in it?

Uh, considering the continued barrage of VERY EFFECTIVE marketing by
Microsoft for Windows 2003, that back pager that had iseries written so
small I had to borrow the college's scanning electron microscope to see
it is just a poor excuse for a paultry token drop in a bucket.

Don

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003, Al Barsa wrote:

> Would it surprise you to know that I don't scour the New York Times or
the
> Wall Street Journal for iSeries advertising?
>
> So when I got your note, I went out and got a copy of the WSJ.  Amazing,
an
> iSeries ad!
>
> It was a tad cold of IBM to point out the trademarks of IBM and
Micro$oft,
> and to lump the HP (Who the ad was focused on.  It was pointing out that
HP
> stopped shipping the HP3000 on October 31) into "other vendors".  (You
need
> to read the fine print.)
>
> Anne, the next time you are going to do something staggering, like an
> iSeries advertisement, how about posting a note the day before so we can
> pick up whatever newspaper it is and show it to our bosses, who have
grown
> to feel that the AS/400 or iSeries is irrelevant, because IBM never
> mentions it.
>
> Al
>
> PS:   What does a full page ad in the WSJ cost?
>
> Al Barsa, Jr.
> Barsa Consulting Group, LLC
>
> 400>390
>
> 914-251-1234
> 914-251-9406 fax
>
> http://www.barsaconsulting.com
> http://www.taatool.com
>

>              Anne Lucas
>              <alucas@xxxxxxxxx
>              m>
>              Sent by:                  midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
>              midrange-l-bounce
cc
>              s@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Subject
>                                        Wall Street Journal
>              11/14/2003 11:15
>              AM
>

>              Please respond to
>              Midrange Systems
>                  Technical
>                 Discussion
>              <midrange-l@midra
>                  nge.com>
>

> Did anyone see the Wall Street Journal iSeries ad today?

> Have a blessed day!!
>
> Anne C. Lucas, iSeries Retention Program Manager & Customer
Relationships,