<The posts are coming through so slow, I'm losing track of which things have
been posted, which are in the hopper, which are among the dozens of drafts I
started, and which are things I'd /thought/ about posting, but never wrote
down...  I don't recall if this is redundant, or not...

Moved from RPG-L, where I probably (albeit unintentionally) caused some hard
feelings.>

"Businesses pay MUCH more by forgetting KISS, and jobs go to India as a
result."

This seemed to start an awful lotta trouble, and probably pushed some
people's buttons.  (I can't try to remember each and every person I've ever
had a conversation with, and write, and try to avoid hitting every single
person's button.)

Perhaps (no perhaps about it), Mr. Palmisano says it better than I.
"Other countries are becoming more competitive not only in wages but also in
education, job skills and network infrastructure, he said. 'We believe the
United States must again raise the bar -- to take the steps necessary to
keep the nation at the forefront, to continue to offer the most fertile and
attractive environment for innovation in the world.'

His comments come at a time when IBM and other companies are shifting jobs
overseas as they try to cut costs.

:
:

The U.S. has had sustained innovation over decades, Palmisano said, but
needs to work more with business, academia, labor and government to not lose
that history of innovation to other countries."

http://www.computerworld.com/managementtopics/outsourcing/story/0,10801,8670
1,00.html?nas=PM-86701

Imho, KISS is something the U.S. and Europe naturally excel at.  Having had
two centuries of experience balancing risks vs. the cost-benefits, and the
willingness to fight through tough times, /should/ come to SOME advantage!

| |