<Moved from Tech list>

I'm still wondering about all this...  Now I'm hearing that PartnerWorld has
even better deals...

I'm corn-fused about all of this.  (I thought Pwd was 1% per month for 4
years, of RETAIL value of machine? ?)

No rush, as I'm done with these lists (for this year...;-)

Y'all have a Happy...!

jt

| |
| |
| | > I've visited this link a few times ....
| | JT - I beleive the way it works (good or bad) is that you have
| to sign up
| | for the
| | iSeries Services Network to get the details. I signed up last
| night & got
| | the details
| | emailed to me today. Would be nice if the iNation page was a little
| | clearer...
| | Has anyone on this list completed app & received a machine? I've
| | been aware
| | of
| | IBM's 1% deal thru PartnerWorld for many years & have participated. This
| | looks
| | to be a slight variation.  Here is a clip from the email today,
| describing
| | program:
| |
| | The IBM iSeries Integrator Lease Program enables iSeries systems
| | integrators, consultants, web integrators, and services providers to
| | acquire the latest iSeries technology at affordable rates in order to
| | develop the skills and familiarity of their staff with this
| technology. It
| | can also be used to develop new solutions,  proof of concepts,
| | new services
| | methodologies, customize applications, conduct demonstrations and other
| | such activities that will develop your iSeries services business.
| | It is not
| | to be used as a production system on which to run your business or your
| | customer's business. </clip>
| |
| | There are 3 hardware options, and the 1070 cpw Andrew described is
| | option 2 or 3. Option 1 is 150 cpw w/25 interactive (not enough for
| | Websphere Commerce).
| |
| | the reason for the 3 references is <quote>Have an active
| iSeries services
| | practice as evidenced by 3 current customer references.</quote>
| |
| | <opinion>nothing is free - ibm expects you to use these tools to
| | bring them
| | (and yourself) more business. Part of the application asks you
| to describe
| | how you will do that. It's no big deal.
| |
| | Looking at the app, the details seem a bit more expensive than
| the <quote
| | from iNation page>
| | Under this pilot...for as little as$160.00 per mth, or
| purchased less than
| | $8,000.00. </quote>
| | I need to get details from them.
| | I'll repeat the signature from my details: (Jim Baker) and does
| say "email
| | preferred".
| | Program Manager, iSeries Services Network
| |     Dept  PFVA, Bldg 025-2
| |     Rochester MN 55901
| |     Office (507) 253-4758     TL  553-4758     FAX  553-4884
| |     jrbaker@us.ibm.com
| |
| | jim franz
| |
| |
| |
| |
| | > Jim,
| | > I've visited this link a few times.  I see where it says "Later
| | during the
| | > month of August, qualification details, system request forms and
| | > configuration options will be sent via e-mail to all members of the
| | services
| | > network."  (I'm pretty sure that last time I visited this
| link, it said
| | > something like "When the details are finalized, towards the end
| | of August,
| | > details..."?!?)
| | > My personal sticking point is the need for three references, as I have
| | only
| | > 2 current accounts.  So I never signed up.
| | > Anyhoo... this thing Andrew is talking about is quite
| | different.  There is
| | > some question about which is the better deal, 1% of lease, or a
| | $7000 1070
| | > CPW machine.
| | > jt
| |