WELL SAID...!, Mark.

Especially liked: "I would hate to troubleshoot audited, transaction
controlled, multi-tiered mission critical invoice records from 100 users
written in VB on a farm of NT servers with 10 label printers in 5 plants.
You need a staff to do that. 1 person can do that on an as/400."

The 38/400/i was DESIGNED to be simpler, from the beginning.  I think it's
taking a wrong turn, in that respect.  In a lot of areas, because of the
perceived urgency of keeping up with Microskunk and the rest of the
competition, the emphasis is on getting out new features, rather than
designing it simple-to-use.

But still, no other platform has as good a balance between easy-to-use (ie
saving $) and powerful.

You can't know everything about anything.. including the iSeries.  But one
person CAN know enough to run an entire company, using an iSeries.  Done all
the time...

Thanks Mark, and also Willow (for asking the question in the first
place)...!

jt in SiliCow Valley ;D