We've had many issues with these sorts of things as well, both for IBM i and MFP devices. It's the same mess on eg Microsoft 365. What we ended up doing was using a transactional email provider for automated emails, and update our DNS records to add them to SPF/DKIM/DMARC.

I've personally have used https://www.scaleway.com/en/transactional-email-tem/ for smaller environments, and in larger environments with a framework agreement with MS for Azure/M365/etc. I've used https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/communication-services/concepts/email/email-overview before. I presume AWS/GCP will have similar options.

For me, the scaleway solution worked well for smaller environments - you get a SMTP server from them, and you create an API key and associate it with an application, and use those for authentication credentials. For MFP's we've created individual keys for each MFP and put them all in a group so we can use the built-in monitoring to see what happens wrt. Email delivery and volume, and for applications themselves we work per-application. It also keeps track of how many emails get rejected and why, so you can troubleshoot this.

On 12/07/2024, 01:14, "MIDRANGE-L on behalf of Jeff Crosby" <midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of jlcrosby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:jlcrosby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

My reply to google was:

"Are you sure of that? The blog does not specifically state that long time
users are exempt."

I live in literalvile.

<http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail> <http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&amp;utm_source=link&amp;utm_campaign=sig-email&amp;utm_content=webmail&gt;>
<http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail> <http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&amp;utm_source=link&amp;utm_campaign=sig-email&amp;utm_content=webmail&gt;>
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

On Thu, Jul 11, 2024 at 7:10 PM Jeff Crosby <jlcrosby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:jlcrosby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>