From: MIDRANGE-L <midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Larry "DrFranken" Bolhuis
Sent: Monday, June 5, 2023 6:06 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; Scott Klement <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: FTP question

I believe it's not a secret, rather it is a clear case of 'we've always
done it this way.' Once people get a procedure in their head that says
CRTSAVF then FTP into it, that process works so they just keep using it.
You can tell them about the .savf extension but it goes 'in one ear and
out the other' as my dad often said.

Similar too how many customer still FTP a stack of PTF images to every
machine or partition when they could simply reference that stack over
the network from a single machine.

They do what they know, it works, why change.

- L