On 5/31/2023 8:07 PM, a4g atl wrote:
I got the web service to work on the development LPAR. I am trying to set
it up on the QA LPAR but this time I get a message that the web service
already exists. When I review the HTTP server and the applications servers,
the web service I am creating is not found.

The error message is:
ZUI_54425: A web services server or HTTP server with the same name already
exists.

Hi Darryl,
I am forbidden to do any web work here, so it's a curiosity thing for me to look at this whole concept. So... understand that I don't have any production experience with this.

The way I understand it, the message you're seeing is saying that the web server already exists. Look at :2001/HTTPAdmin, the Application Servers tab. There's a drop-down for all of the servers defined. I created one called WSERVICE, and in that drop-down, it says 'WSERVICE - V2.6 (web services)' So, this is the 'web service'.

When I click that entry, I see the services I've deployed. Despite you and I thinking of these bottom entries as web services, IBM is calling them 'Deployed Services'.

Vocabulary/terminology is going to be the end of me. I hope this triggers some ideas...