On Sun, Apr 2, 2023 at 3:19 PM Patrik Schindler <poc@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Jack,

Am 02.04.2023 um 22:15 schrieb Jack Woehr via MIDRANGE-L <
midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

First of all, using EDTF leads to insanity and panicky postings to
Midrange.

I'm using edtf regularly. No panicky post from my side ever. I'd rephrase
your assertion to "know what you do". ;-)

Use vi, vim, nano, or VSCode to edit the httpd configs.

Those do not run in 5250. But in general, I agree. Edtf is merely an
expedient, from today's view.

Using EDTF to maintain IFS configuration files is hardly an expedient. It's
more like tying one's ankles together before tap dancing.

Furthermore, it seems to me highly likely that this is *precisely* what
happened to the OP : he edited configuration files with that painfully
outdated and inappropriate editor EDTF and trashed the httpd configuration
file with it.

So what is there to discuss? If you're off-platforming next week, don't
learn any new techniques on the IBM i. If you're staying on the platform,
start doing things the way we do them nowadays.