We use Windows based DNS servers to support entries to our IBM i
partitions, and all sorts of non Windows equipment.
When we do a switch from our system at xx.10.xx.xx to our system at
xx.27.xx.xx we have API's on our IBM i automatically update that DNS to
change the entry. If any user is stupid enough to create a host table
entry for the systems then it stinks to be them.
We did have some software vendors who had stupid instructions like do
CFGTCP, and look at the interface entries and have your client point to
that IP address. It did not end well for them.