Hello Brad,

Am 08.11.2022 um 19:04 schrieb Brad Stone <bvstone@xxxxxxxxx>:

Replying to an email automatically makes a subject. ;)

Yes and no. There might be multiple conversations going on at the same time on parallel mails, more mimicking text.

Email has quotes (often neglected or ignored). Mails are often archived and in general I feel mail have more "revisit-value" than text messages. Those more feel like throwaway thinks you hammer at someones head to more or less just pass the bucket.

I feel eMail values located somewhere in the middle between fire-and-forget text messages, and proper letters on paper.

Email filters (by subject, content, address, etc) are super easy to create. For instance, for Midrange emails I have them go to their own folders.

Same here. Since I'm running my own linux-based mail server, I'm doing this with procmail, up to the point to automatically handle recurring mails with PDF format invoices to be split off and saved to a designated directory.

If it wasn't for the complete lack of any decent crypto on my main machine, I'd probably already have had a look into porting an IMAP server to my 150. ;-)

Trying to see a job log over the phone vs emailed to you (which seems to be
a stumbling block for a lot of shops.. knowing how to do that or get logs
from the IFS as well) is much easier to provide assistance.

Yes. Unformatted short text won't help here. Another case for "Use the right tool for the job at hand." :-)

That is, of course, after getting the initial email of "it isn't working. What's wrong?" with no context, data, etc. :)

No different than in here, eh? ;-)

:wq! PoC