We do this all the time. The sign on screen will require you to copy QDSIGNON or QDSIGNON2 to your own display file, then add the message variables.

I strongly recommend using your own file as opposed to changing IBMs file.

The next step is to change your interactive subsystem definition to use your new screen. Again, we always create our own controlling, batch, and interactive subsystems so we have complete control over how they operate, the sign on screen being one of those attributes. BTW: Please, Please, PLEASE, do NOT use “Q” in the first position on the names.

Jim Oberholtzer
Agile Technology Architects