I've got instructions for that (and a lot of other SSL stuff) here as well:

https://docs.bvstools.com/home/ssl-documentation/creating-the-system-store

But on V6 those CAs will probably not be even close to matching what GMail
is using... Back then with my customers I hading to get the specific CAs
from Google/MS and send them to my customers with instructions on how to
import them into the *SYSTEM store (a lot of them just had me do it). That
was before we could ignore the "RC(23) Not trusted" errors. And when they
would update cert every year which in most cases meant renewing CAs as well.

And even O365 isn't allowing any SSL/TLS communication lower than TLS
v1.1. GMail may be similar. I don't think V6 had TLS.. maybe 1.0? I deal
with V7R1 customers who don't even have 1.1 set up.

On a V6 box your best option is to set up a relay, most likely.