Thanks for all the great info...

OS version: V7R3M0

-----Original Message-----
From: MIDRANGE-L <midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Rob
Berendt
Sent: Thursday, October 13, 2022 9:11 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: ACS System Debugger doesn't want to work

Jeremy,

As Jon said. Your admin folks will understand. Basically it takes the
fundamentals of "work management" as documented at:
https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/i/7.5?topic=management-work
A good reference but not a good study guide.

What version of the OS are you running?

Basically there are a few ways of doing autostart stuff. I'll try to speak
in your language: SQL. However some of the is limited to the release of OS
you are at.

One way is by the program listed in:
select *
from qsys2.system_value_info
where SYSTEM_VALUE_NAME = 'QSTRUPPGM';

One is by using the command ADDAJE so that the entry appears in select *
from qsys2.autostart_job_info; You could also modify one of the existing
entries in that list.
This will fire off those jobs when those subsystems are started.
This is tied to the entries in:
select *
from qsys2.job_description_info jd
join qsys2.autostart_job_info aje
on jd.job_description_library = aje.job_description_library and
jd.job_description = aje.job_description ;

Ok for you to read the SQL's but I would leave the modifying up to your
admins.

For more information see the toc in the link I provided earlier or see the
following:
https://www.ibm.com/support/pages/node/1119123

IBM Certified System Administrator - IBM i 6.1 Group Dekko Dept 1600 Mail
to: 7310 Innovation Blvd, Suite 104
Ft. Wayne, IN 46818
Ship to: 7310 Innovation Blvd, Dock 9C
Ft. Wayne, IN 46818