On Oct 12, 2022, at 3:43 PM, <jeremy.ruth@xxxxxxxxxxx> <jeremy.ruth@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have never used the ACS System Debugger before but saw it as a menu option
so naturally I was intrigued by a GUI debugger that could/would replace
* ACS v188.8.131.52 Build ID: 1380
* I am not an iSeries guy, but sometimes I am tasked with
writing/debugging Stored Procs/Triggers/Functions
* I run ACS as Administrator
I have a 'Run SQL Scripts' query window open.
I select the 'System Debugger' option from the 'Run' menu.
This brings up the Sign On window. I sign on.
System Debugger window is now displayed.
* Almost everything (toolbar options, menu options) on this UI is
disabled, excepts for the 'Start Debug' command
* Selecting 'Start Debug' does nothing
* In status pane at bottom of window, I have the following three
1. Attempting connection to <system name> (IP address)
2. Communications error with <system name>
3. Attempting to start debug server on <system name> .
I don't see anything of relevance in the joblog, that I can tell.
Is there something that must be configured on the i in order for this to
The 'Communications error with <system name>' in the lower pane is
confusing. Is the 3rd message in the pane a result of the 2nd message?
Communications seems fine as I can run queries, I can start and use 5250
emulation, I can peruse the system via iNavigator, etc.
This is the Midrange Systems Technical Discussion (MIDRANGE-L) mailing list
To post a message email: MIDRANGE-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To subscribe, unsubscribe, or change list options,
or email: MIDRANGE-L-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Before posting, please take a moment to review the archives
Please contact support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx for any subscription related questions.
Help support midrange.com by shopping at amazon.com with our affiliate link: https://amazon.midrange.com
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Operating expenses for this site are earned using the Amazon Associate program and Google Adsense.