On Oct 12, 2022, at 3:43 PM, <jeremy.ruth@xxxxxxxxxxx><jeremy.ruth@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have never used the ACS System Debugger before but saw it as a menu
option so naturally I was intrigued by a GUI debugger that could/would
* ACS v126.96.36.199 Build ID: 1380
* I am not an iSeries guy, but sometimes I am tasked with
writing/debugging Stored Procs/Triggers/Functions
* I run ACS as Administrator
I have a 'Run SQL Scripts' query window open.
I select the 'System Debugger' option from the 'Run' menu.
This brings up the Sign On window. I sign on.
System Debugger window is now displayed.
* Almost everything (toolbar options, menu options) on this UI is
disabled, excepts for the 'Start Debug' command
* Selecting 'Start Debug' does nothing
* In status pane at bottom of window, I have the following three
1. Attempting connection to <system name> (IP address)
2. Communications error with <system name>
3. Attempting to start debug server on <system name> .
I don't see anything of relevance in the joblog, that I can tell.
Is there something that must be configured on the i in order for this
The 'Communications error with <system name>' in the lower pane is
confusing. Is the 3rd message in the pane a result of the 2nd message?
Communications seems fine as I can run queries, I can start and use
5250 emulation, I can peruse the system via iNavigator, etc.
This is the Midrange Systems Technical Discussion (MIDRANGE-L) mailing
list To post a message email: MIDRANGE-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx To
subscribe, unsubscribe, or change list options,
or email: MIDRANGE-L-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Before posting, please take a moment to review the archives at
Please contact support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx for any subscription related
Help support midrange.com by shopping at amazon.com with our affiliate
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Operating expenses for this site are earned using the Amazon Associate program and Google Adsense.