To do remote restarts you connect with the system console via one of the following:
1 - HMC
2 - Lan console.
It is possible to load up Lan console on any PC with some consideration as to some network restrictions imposed locally. Sometimes you get past that by doing a Windows remote access to an existing lan console.
We use HMC. Both HMC's and their managed power systems are hours away from HQ (where I'm at). I can start up a system console remotely using iACS rather simply. I prefer that over using vm console except for a few rare things like HMC updates or starting shared sessions.
I do Power firmware upgrades, OS upgrades, PTF's, HMC upgrades, VIOS upgrades, AIX upgrades, all remotely. Never been a problem.

Need to know the console type?
STRSST
8. Work with Service Tools Server Security and Devices
2. Select console
Current versions of the OS are limited to:
Console type . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 4
3. Operations console(LAN)
4. Hardware management console(HMC)
If you get in there I always set this to 1 for yes:
Allow console recovery and console can be taken
over by another console . . . . . . . . . 1
This is a blessing if your console session drops. You get right back in as if there was no interruption.

If you have difficulty accessing SST then IDK if WRKHDWRSC TYPE(*LWS) can be decrypted to show you what console type you have. From what research I quickly did they both use Virtual Ethernet Adapter (Type 268C).

I know of no IBM i SQL service which will show you this.
I know of no API to extract this information from SST.

7.5 on a P9 using HMC shows
Resource Type Status Text
CMB05 268C Operational Combined function IOP
CTL01 6A59 Operational Work Station Controller
CMB05: U9009.42A.<serialnumber>-V5
CTL01: U9009.42A.<serialnumber>-V5-C1-T1

7.4 on a P8 also using HMC shows the same but with a different serial number and the V5 just varies between lpars.
I don't have any lan console to compare.
A little research