I recall one meeting at a customer site where management was "All In" on moving to Windows on VMware on big Cisco UCS chassis. They bragged up how 'simple' it was to add more VMs to handle more workload. "We have all the processing and memory already in place for this and would just need to add windows licensing, create the new servers and then add them to the load balancer and we can scale up."

The IBM i team lead asked how long that will take and also do you need to do that at the HA site as well?

"Oh a day or so and yes of course."

IBM i team lead said: "OK so a day or so, minus two minutes, longer than it would take us today on the current systems."

Windows guy then asks: "So you've purchased all that processor and memory in advance and have it sitting there doing nothing now?"

IBM i guy for the win: "You just said you did too, and you aren't even running anything on it."