I think this is a QShell error, or I'd have gone to the Tomcat Users
List about it:

We have a customer who has copied all of the QSYS.LIB and IFS elements
of our CRM product over to a new box that will become their new
production box in a few months.

Everything works *except* the Tomcat-based web interface. Tomcat
(8.5.73) is crashing on takeoff, and in a way that appears to be
QShell-related, before it even starts to bring up Tomcat itself.

It's producing spool files with a single line:

/wintouch/tomcat/bin/startup.sh: 001-0050 Syntax error on line 1:
token ")" not expected.

Now, the actual first line of startup.sh is simply a "shebang" to indicate that it's a shell script: "#!/bin/sh"; this is followed by a bunch of comments. The first actual code is a block that detects the operating system.

os400=false
case "`uname`" in
OS400*) os400=true;;
esac

There are a few right parentheses in the commented-out lines; this is the first in actual code.

I haven't a clue what it could be.

Their current production box is running V7R2. I'm guessing the new one is running the latest.

--
JHHL