I can't connect as a different user (policy restriction). I copied the row
from known_hosts, and that worked.

Thanks all

date: Tue, 12 Jul 2022 22:33:45 +0000
from: "Lehti, Eric" <elehti@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: RE: Batch SFTP fingerprint

Review
https://www.ibm.com/support/pages/redirecting-secure-ftp-sftp-verbose-output-file

The job can submit as the user ID for which the key is assigned, and
specify -vvv parameter to redirect SFTP, SSH, or SCP verbose output to a
file, and some clients may have a need to do this. The verbose output in
the file can be analyzed to debug a problem or it can be parsed by a
program. The sequence of steps that can be used to redirect SFTP verbose
output to a file are as follows:
Create the IFS directory where the verbose output file will reside:

MKDIR DIR('/SFTP_Logs')
Create the text file that the verbose output will be redirected to:

QSH CMD('/QOpenSys/usr/bin/touch /SFTP_Logs/verbose.txt')
Use the -vvv option to redirect the SFTP output to the verbose.txt file:

sftp -vvv someuser@somehost > /SFTP_Logs/verbose.txt 2>&1

Note: The standard error (2) and standard output (1) file descriptions
were used to redirect the SFTP verbose output to a file. Verbose output for
the SSH and SCP utilities can also be redirected to a file. The redirection
of verbose output to a file can occur interactively within the PASE or
QSHELL environments. The redirection of verbose output can also be done
through a batch process.