Just add intrigue to changing drives. Then again, it’s not really that hard to do.

In the end either way works. I would then mirror the internal drives to a San based pair of LUNs.

Jim Oberholtzer
Agile Technology Architects

On May 20, 2022, at 2:36 PM, Rob Berendt <rob@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

BP is telling the boss to leave VIOS on internal disks. ☹

Group Dekko
Dept 1600
Mail to: 7310 Innovation Blvd, Suite 104
Ft. Wayne, IN 46818
Ship to: 7310 Innovation Blvd, Dock 9C
Ft. Wayne, IN 46818
http://www.dekko.com

-----Original Message-----
From: MIDRANGE-L <midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Roberto José Etcheverry Romero
Sent: Friday, May 20, 2022 3:29 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: BRMS flash copy

That doesn't happen on SVC-derived storages (Storwize, Flashsytems), you
have to either follow the wizard and hope the code doesn't have a hiccup
(Where the code says "All's OK" but when you check you have an unused disk
and a phantom dead disk) or just replace it by CLI otherwise it'll be left
as "unused".
On the bright side, since the SAN has its own Model/Type/Serial and
interface, you won't get an IBM i tech trying to replace a VIOS disk.

On Fri, 20 May 2022 at 09:25, Jim Oberholtzer <midrangel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>