I'm hoping the people who change drives in a SAN when they fail are a lot more skilled then the service reps IBM sends out to fix Power internal drives for VIOS. EACH. AND. EVERY. TIME. the first thing the service rep tries to do is get STRSST working from a VIOS command line.
I can tell this is always going to happen when the dispatcher asks me what OS is running on the lpars that the VIOS is supporting.
There is no possible communication to avoid this situation. The people manning the phones cannot comprehend the situation. So you just let them send the wrong guy, he flubs it, then he calls someone on the phone who can talk him through it.

The IBM i hosted drives were a little better although not only did I have to pull up IBM documentation but I had to call his supervisor and tell him the education he was given was bad and needed correction. The rep always said to wait 0 seconds to pull the drive. Then waited until AFTER the 18 seconds he was allowed to pull the drive expired before he pulled the drive. We never lost data but we did have to clear several errors. The rep agreed that the IBM doc I pulled looked legit and the supervisor agreed with me that some reeducation was in order.
And having to speak to multiple duty managers on each call to get anything done gets annoying.