From: MIDRANGE-L <midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf
Of Bryan Dietz
Sent: Thursday, April 14, 2022 9:21 AM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Hosting a Linux partition

I've only created LINUX lpars from HMC's.
I just did a few quick searches to help find some instructions.

While this:
https://www.mcpressonline.com/it-infrastructure-
other/networking/techtip-virtualization-made-simple-with-i-hosting-i
is for HMC based systems it will give you an overview of how it works and the
relationships between hardware on the hosted and hosting servers.

I found the PDF that appears to be from the dead link

https://try-as400.pocnet.net/images/7/7e/IVirtualization_-
_IBM_iHost_and_Client_LPAR_Easy_Install_Guide_v5.03_TR7.pdf

from:
https://try-as400.pocnet.net/wiki/Installing_IBM_i_in_an_IBM_i_LPAR

keep in mind you will be using disk space from your hosting IBM i server, so
make sure you have disk to spare.

Bryan