Le 13/02/2022 à 10:32, Laurence Chiu a écrit :
Not here but I wish IBM would move to https downloads for PTF's for IBMi.
The current choices which are Download DIrector to either the actual host,
to a PC or SFTP are really difficult for us. Our desktop team block Java so
Download DIrector doesn't work and FTP also is difficult since our PC's
don't have access to external FTP. So what I have to do is get the two
credentials and pass them to our folks who manage secure file exchange with
trusted parties and have them grab the files for us. It's annoying since
for software like MQ for IBMi you can use Passport Advantage which is
https and for the mainframe from memory the downloads are also https.

ECS/ESA (Electronic Customer Support/Electronic Service Agent) can download PTFs through https from an IBM i partition with SNDPTFORD command, without any FixCentral credentials. It can be set up to use an https proxy which can control those trusted parties you are talking about.

Checkout https://www.ibm.com/support/pages/configuration-instructions-electronic-customer-support-ecs-and-electronic-service-agent-esa-ibm-i

SNDPTFORD has some restrictions, such as a maximum of 20 PTFs ordered within the same command, and cannot mix CUMPKG with any other request. Basically, you can order and download a full set of cumulative and all groups with the two commands SNDPTFORD PTFID(*CUMPKG) and SNDPTFORD PTFID(*ALLGRP). You will get twice HIPER and DB2 groups but it works.