Hello Don,

Am 12.01.2022 um 22:41 schrieb Don Brown via MIDRANGE-L <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Sorry don't think there is any switch.

So it seems. But asking rarely hurts, if the question isn't too dumb. ;-) Thanks for your confirmation!

But having read your email thought I would let you know we have a 9401-P01
and while not started in quite a while should still run!

I'm surprised that there even was such a thing that a P01! Wow!

I still need to take some time to finish cleaning my P02. Very dusty! There isn't a coin cell, but three 1.5V batteries in a carrier. All leaked and meanwhile dry. I'm incredibly thankful that IBM mounted that carrier well away from any PCB! I guess, the P01 will have a similar issue.

This was the twinax only version.

Same here. No LAN, but I prefer a console which "just works", which is most often the case for Twinax, compared to OpCon.

I'll try to use Cisco IOS capabilities to use Translational bridging for integrating the Serial/SDLC connected machine into a Token Ring segment. If anyone's interested in details, subscribe to IBM-Big-Iron-Networking on groups.io. Will collect what I've done so far and maybe get some help there in the course of the next days. Or writeup a success story if I get it to run myself. :-)

Used it many times for demonstrations at conferences as it was so easy to take with me.

Yap, it's obviously built for purposes like that. :-)

What surprises me most is that interacting with the OS doesn't feel much slower than on my 150, as soon as most things are in RAM (24MB). Looking at the PCBs and looking vor oscillators and other clues, the main CPU is likely clocked at 9.something MHz.

:wq! PoC