Still sliding down the slippery slope here.  Full story:

Failing to permanently apply MF66517 before applying latest cume and groups for V7R4 resulted in B6000449 SRC.  Could still IPL to the A side but an IPL to the B side resulted in either the B6000449 SRC or a B6000102 SRC.  Suggested fix: SLIP LIC to latest respin.

SLIP'ed the LIC following these instructions: https://www.ibm.com/support/pages/steps-slip-install-licensed-internal-code Loaded the I_BASE_01_Licensed_Machine_Code_RS_740-H_LCD8_2553_07.udf in an image catalog and then used PWRDWNSYS OPTION(*IMMED) RESTART(*YES) IPLSRC(*IMGCLG) IMGCLG(catalog-name) to proceed.  HMC was set to D and Manual mode as indicated in the document.

Result:  B6000102 SRC which is what I saw when I originally was attempting to IPL to the B side.  Took the option to IPL to the A side.  Now, I get a B6005121 when I try to IPL to A.  Cannot IPL to either side now.

Ideas?