Thanks Jack.

Yes, I found that post and that led me to the realization that I *should* have permanently applied PTF MF66517.    MF66517 is temporarily applied and when I IPL to the B side, the IPL fails with the B0000449 SRC.  When I IPL to the A side and then take the option to permanently apply MF66517, all appears well until I IPL again and then as it IPL's to the B side, it fails, presumably because MF66517 has been permanently applied. So, it's kind of a chicken or egg thing now.  I can't permanently apply MF66517 because the IPL fails when  try to do that.

Rob recommended that I load the respin of the LIC.  I finally found JIm's fix which was to SLIP the LIC to the latest respin as well.  I have downloaded the latest IBASE (H) and I'll see if I can get it mounted in the image catalog and SLIP it.  Jim's post mentioned doing it from the HMC.  Not sure of the steps so will just follow what here:

https://www.ibm.com/support/pages/steps-slip-install-licensed-internal-code

I can still IPL to the A side, which is a good thing.  I'm just a little shaky on how to fix the B side.

Pete Helgren
www.petesworkshop.com