Pete, this issue came up a couple of months ago on the board as well.
https://archive.midrange.com/midrange-l/202109/msg00370.html

On Sat, Jan 1, 2022 at 12:32 PM Pete Helgren <pete@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

There might a series of questions here...reading through the
instructions, is this an example of doing a SLIP install of LIC? It
seems similar to what I read here:

https://www.ibm.com/support/pages/steps-slip-install-licensed-internal-code
.

If it is a SLIP install, then after I have completed it with the latest
respin, can I continue with the the cume/TR install? I'll reread the
MTU and check for any gotcha's again, but I haven't done a SLIP install
before. Conceptually I understand what is going on but again, the link
that Rob sent has a LONG list of articles that, in turn, have a long
list of other articles. The SLIP steps seem straightforward but if I
need to do more than that, let me know.

Pete Helgren
www.petesworkshop.com