If you re looking for mail, just mail, and only mail. With a dash of calendar then a 'consider' is Communigate. It used to run on IBM i when it was known as Stalker but today runs fabulously on any Linux on POWER. We run it on CENTOS, on POWER8. It can handle fabulous amounts of mail very efficiently. It has an HTML5 web interface for times when you are away from your desktop. It supports POP, IMAP, etc. It has strong logging capability. Unlike Domino it runs in a single executable. Starting it up takes under 1 second, and it was that way when it ran on IBM i as well.

For migration it has a very neat perl solution that migrates mail automatically from any server on the fly while it's running. We've used that to move thousands of mail users on to Communigate.

Not saying it's a better solution than Domino but it's cost effective, scalable, fast, runs on POWER. If you don't like Domino but want your mail on prem, it's worth a look.