You know in disk drives hosted by IBM i you can do a WRKDSKSTS, F11=Display storage use and the status should be ACTIVE. If you, then you have issues.
In VIOS what's the similar function?
I noticed some errors on the HMC pertaining to disk for these.
On the HMC
2D35-FFF6
Explanation
Device detected recoverable error.

$ lspv
NAME PVID VG STATUS
hdisk0 00f944051d38df5d rootvg active
hdisk1 00f94405202938b7 rootvg active

$ lsvg -pv rootvg
rootvg:
PV_NAME PV STATE TOTAL PPs FREE PPs FREE DISTRIBUTION
hdisk1 active 528 472 105..99..57..105..106
hdisk0 active 528 474 105..101..57..105..106

Played around a little with diagmenu and found these
A PROBLEM WAS DETECTED ON Fri Sep 24 06:40:22 CDT 2021 801014

The Service Request Number(s)/Probable Cause(s)
(causes are listed in descending order of probability):

2D35-7001: Temporary disk data error.
Error log information:
pdisk1 FRU: 00E9912 Physical SAS Disk Drive
U78C9.001.WZS00U9-P2-D2

Use Enter to continue.

PREVIOUSLY REPORTED PROBLEMS 801018

The Service Request Number(s)/Probable Cause(s)
(causes are listed in descending order of probability):

2D35-FFF6: Device detected recoverable error.
Error log information:
pdisk1 FRU: 00E9912 Physical SAS Disk Drive
U78C9.001.WZS00U9-P2-D2

Use Enter to continue.

Group Dekko
Dept 1600
Mail to: 7310 Innovation Blvd, Suite 104
Ft. Wayne, IN 46818
Ship to: 7310 Innovation Blvd, Dock 9C
Ft. Wayne, IN 46818
http://www.dekko.com