Hi all

for obvious security reasons, I must as soon as possible change QPWDLVL to
value 2

I ask please, if possible, tell me what are the steps to follow to avoid
problems.

These are the steps that i would have thought to follow:

1. Savsecdta

2. DSPAUTUSR OUTPUT(*PRINT) and check for users that don't have that a
password that is usable at password level 2

3. Check QPWDVLDPGM system value must specify either *REGFAC or *NONE

4. Change system value QPWDLVL to 2

5. Powerdwnsys with restart *yes

Anyway i have these doubts:

1. In the iSeries Access for Windows login (we still use iSerie Access
for Windows and not ACS), the password field, is ready to accept 128
character ?

2. Which minimun iSeries Access for Windows version we need to use ?

3. In the pdf at this link
https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/ssw_ibm_i_72/rzarl/sc415302.pdf at page 222,
there is a list of clients that uses password substitution will not work
correctly at QPWDLVL 2 :

. TELNET
. IBM i Access
. IBM i Host Servers
. QFileSrv.400
. IBM i NetServer Print support
. DDM
. DRDA
. SNA LU6.2

How can i check if these clients are updated for QPWDLVL level 2?

IBM i Access is the same of iSeries Access for Windows ?

Thanks in advance

Gio